A couple of days ago, P from Got This Far, nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you P! It took me this long to write up my acceptance post as I had trouble coming up with my part of the award rules. But here it is.
This award is very different from the past awards I am familiar with. First P has presented me with 11 questions I must answer. I’m sure you are probably tired of hearing about me, but here are 11 more things you may not know and may not care to know .
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging for a couple of reasons. The first was that I felt lonely in my new way of living. I was taking grief from a lot of people for downsizing as much as I did and I was looking for some sense of community. The second reason was that I had thought maybe I would make a little income from the blog in time. Things change and I decided not to monetize the blog, but I did find wonderful people who have made me feel accepted in my new direction
- Let’s say you won $13,000, what would you do with it? I might take a trip to Ireland, as I’ve always wanted to go there. Then I would probably put the rest into a trust equally divided for my grand children as I really can’t think of anything else I need.
- Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen? I would have to say Taos, New Mexico. I love the Rocky Mountains, and every time I cross the border into New Mexico I can feel the difference, it feels like I’m coming home.
- Sweet or Savory? Sweet, definitely.
- How do you like to relax? Depends on the season. In the warmer months it would be out in the field or next to the lake with a good book. Now, it’s curled up with my comfy blanket and that good book.
- What’s the most useful/useless gift you’ve ever received? I will have to say the most useful and useless gift is one in the same. A couple of years ago my daughter-in-law picked out a rice cooker for me. I put on a smile and thanked her and my son, but inside I was thinking how they wasted their money as cooking rice on a stove is so easy. But now that I’ve moved and live without a stove the rice cooker is used almost daily to prepare almost all my hot foods and reheat my leftovers.
- Do you collect anything? I have collected so many things over the years and got very little enjoyment out of them so I would move on to collect something else. Now the only things I collect are the feathers which are dropped by my door and unusual rocks we find along our walks. These for some reason bring me much more pleasure than anything I ever bought.
- What do you spend most of your money on? The majority is spent on my basic needs, rent, food, and my internet. The rest is divided up into gift giving, little things I need for my hobbies such as sand paper for furniture, and fabric or floss for my needle work but it doesn’t amount to much. I do once or twice a year stop at the thrift shop and spend maybe $5 on “new” clothes to replace worn out ones.
- What’s your favorite film? This would have to depend on my mood and I don’t watch much in the way of movies or tv but if I were to pick one off the top of my head it would be Law-Abiding Citizen.
- Coffee or tea? Tea. I have never been able to even stand the smell of coffee.
- What do you like most about yourself? I think that I’m comfortable with who I am now. When I was younger I had such a hard time accepting anything about me that I became anorexic and would hide behind makeup. Today I wear no makeup and can embrace all of me. It’s made me happier and more loving. I think it’s true if you don’t love yourself you can’t really love others, at least the way you might like to.
The next part of the award is that I need to nominate 11 people and pose 11 questions to them to answer. I have decided to nominate blogs I recently have found and am enjoying reading through their archives.
So here are my nominees:
- Rurally Screwed
- Born Again Minimalist
- In Search of It All
- Searching for the Happiness
- A Frugal Spinster
- A Ponytail Kind of Day
- We Don’t Need Sleep
- Devotedly Red
- Wholey Jeans
- Maine Green Girl
Now for my 11 questions for my nominees. I had such trouble coming up with questions because I knew I was going to choose a variety of blogs to nominate.
- Why do you blog?
- If you had more free time, how would you like to fill it?
- With the holidays fast approaching, what is your favorite/least favorite holiday and why?
- What is one place you would like to visit?
- If you could meet anyone, in any time period who would it be?
- I love a good laugh, it makes even the worst days better. So what caught you off-guard and made you laugh recently?
- If you had to choose, would you choose more money or more time?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is your favorite low cost/no cost activity or hobby?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Since those of us in the northern hemisphere are moving towards winter, what is your favorite spot inside your home to spend time in?